Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager responsible for developing a definition of the project and ensures that the project is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). He/she ensures the project is effectively resourced and manages relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project contributors).
The Project Manager is also responsible for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative, motivated and successful team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible on the management of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with customers, stakeholders, etc.
- Managing and leading the project team.
- Designs solutions for varied internal/external clients.
- Assist in recruiting project staff and consultants.
- Managing co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
- Detailed project planning and control including:
- Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Providing status reports to the management.
- Liaises with, and updates progress to, project board/senior management.
- Managing project training within the defined budget.
- Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
- Managing consultancy input within the defined budget.
- Final approval of the design specification.
- Working closely with customers to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Definition and management of the customer acceptance testing.
Education, Experience and other Requirements
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication / Computer Engineering, Computer Science (PMP is a plus) or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum 5 years working of IT field including experience successfully managing various projects.
- Must have good understanding of IT technical requirements (having adequate technical knowledge about current software technologies and solutions) and should have managed technical discussions with end customers.
- Have good understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline.
- Have good understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools:
- Prepare: definition/scope/requirements
- Execute & Control: scope, work plans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
- Close: completion and assessment
- Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude;
- Passion, dedication and focus;
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills;
- Time-management skills and the ability to priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills;
- A strong team spirit;
- Business awareness;
- Should have very good communication & interpersonal skill.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication.
Join Onyxes and reach your potential with us!
“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. ”