The Pre-Sales Manager (PSM)Role:
The Pre-Sales Manager (PSM) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The PSM collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
The PSM is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and implement a structured way of handling opportunities – first client meeting / solution pitch / RFP response / RFI response / presentation etc.
- Work with sales team to identify pipeline and plan activities on a weekly basis
- Take lead / participate in opportunity assessment, qualification, developing response strategy, proposal development, review and feedback process, competitive positioning, pricing / commercial decisions
- Work closely with the delivery heads in identifying the right team, getting the pre-sales and delivery teams to develop the solution, estimates, schedules, technical responses etc. to complete the proposal
- Work closely with support functions (like IT / Sales / business development etc.) for creating a compelling solution / proposal
- Provide weekly reports to sales and delivery organizations to provide visibility on pipeline, probable deals etc. for planning and tracking business growth
- Anchoring client visits – from the stage of planning, identifying key participants, story board for the meeting, reviewing content, planning demos / team discussions and front ending the discussion
- Conduct primary and secondary research; generate and qualify market analytics/research
- Assist sales team in prospecting with relevant pitch and market/company specific data
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication / Computer Engineering, Computer Science (MBA is a plus) or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in IT field.
- Must have good understanding of IT technical requirements (having adequate technical knowledge about current software technologies and solutions) and should have managed technical discussions with end customers.
- Proven track record of managing and supporting large bids from pre-sales perspective
- Demonstrated performance in Complex Solutioning and innovative deal construct
- Consultative, Value-proposition/ Business case driven pre-sales methodology experience is highly desirable
- Strong Techno-Commercial/ Business Orientation and Cost Sensitive
- Good understanding of Service Delivery around Custom Apps, Oracle, Cisco, EMC, VCE, Symantec and other Enterprise Packages
- Knowledge of different costs in delivery of services and experience of putting together commercial proposal
- Financial management experience: Estimating, Budgeting, Pricing, Risk assessment
- Execute on assigned RFP/RFI/proposals/proposal sections and deliver a high-quality response in terms of content, formatting and value-adds
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-pressure, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent Program Management and Consulting Skills
- Hands on experience in writing proposals and delivering customer presentation
- Hard-working, detailed, quality and deliverable-oriented
- Excellent presentation and proposal/RFP skills
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude;
- Passion, dedication and focus;
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills;
- Time-management skills and the ability to priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills;
- A strong team spirit;
- Business awareness;
- Should have very good communication & interpersonal skill.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication.