As Telecom consultant, you will participate in projects at a Large Telecom Operator (data and voice convergence) in Iraq as a technology expert in the end-to-end Huawei OCS domain responsible for the operation of the Huawei CBS (Converged Billing System) component.
The CBS component provides convergent charging capabilities such as: prepaid/postpaid convergent, voice service/data service convergent, multi-network convergent rating..
Job Duties and Responsibilities
You participate in the complete E2E operations process
– Support the commissioning and installation of customer projects
– Manage and maintain the infrastructure.
– Experience with both preventive and corrective maintenance.
– Receive and coordinate customer complaints.
– Strong troubleshooting competences,
– Support a strong Product Vendor relationship and communication with other internal departments.
– Analyze a new release and prepare the integration/migration of the new functionality.
– Perform tests and report on the status.
– Write and track error reports in your functional area.
– Contribute to the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) documents.
– Deliver training to end users in support of use of the application, or upgrades, and enhancements.
– Perform any additional operational tasks that are up-coming during the operations.
– Defines the overall product & service portfolio for Mobile Commerce Services
Professional Experiance and Knowledge
– Specialist knowledge of Huawei OCS platform, i.e. CBS (Convergent Billing System).
– Proven expertise in the field of operational activities of commercial billing solutions in a telecom context.
– Expertise/Knowledge and strong interest to learn in the following domains:
- Mobile telephony networks.
- IN architecture knowledge & deployment of IN based solutions,SS7 signaling.
- IP networking (TCP/IP, UDP, TCP, XML / HTML, HTTP, SNMP, ...) and server technology
– Oracle or other database concepts ( Oracle )
– SUN Solaris or SUN Cluster
– Scripting: Unix shell scripting, PERL, …
– protocol simulators / analyzers (Wireshark, IPSL, ...)
Knowledge of OS Platforms Linux, Solaris and WindowseServGlobal; experience in other similar solutions will also be considered.
Skills and Competancy
– Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
– Familiarity with ITIL is mandatory.
– Ability to communicate easily and well with both technical and non-technical staff at all levels, with strong customer service skills.
– Possess multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work under pressure
– Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Education and Training
– – A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or Education Institute in one of the following disciplines (Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science).