A Business Development Manager works to improve a company market position and achieve financial growth. Also defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. It is his / her job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the company. To achieve this, He / She need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. He / She need to contact on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict the clients’ future needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be in touch with clients and also build new relations with potential clients.
- Should be able to identify potential customers and their needs and expand his / her base by bringing in new customers.
- Has to work closely with other departments, especially the marketing and accounts department, to figure out an effective sales strategy that will boost sales.
- Has to set a budget and ensure that all the work takes place without exceeding the budget.
- Has to submit regular reports on the progress of the sales team and is also responsible for their appraisal.
- Has to follow market and customer information and on future buying trends.
- Devising and deploying all sales objectives and goals across the company, including sales targets and budgets preparation.
- Developing and implementing quarterly and annual sales programs, plans, and policies for the sales team.
- Integrating and aligning sales plans with available processes, IT systems, talent and other areas in order to increase the capability and success of sales force.
- Conducting analysis in order to manage performance levels of sales against market developments and company objectives.
- Planning and executing business show appearances.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Creating product segmentation strategies wherever needed to maximize trade opportunities across different sales channels.
- Developing, managing, and nurturing new business partnerships and accounts to accomplish volume and profit goals.
- Communicating brand identity internally to pertinent key business collaborates, business units, and the customer support.
- Exploring and growing the client account list, dealing incoming leads and ending sales.
- Seeking out and directing new customers and sales opportunities, initiating action plan to advance and procure new business for the company.
- Work towards reaching a particular target.
- Have to travel across locations for client visits.
- Contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
Require Qualifications and Education Requirments
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication / Computer Engineering, Computer Science (MBA is a plus) or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum 5 years working in Sales and Development of IT field.
- Must have good understanding of IT technical requirements (having adequate technical knowledge about current software technologies and solutions) and should have managed technical discussions with end customers.
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude;
- Passion, dedication and focus;
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills;
- Time-management skills and the ability to priorities;
- Attention to detail;
- Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills;
- A strong team spirit;
- Business awareness;
- Should have very good communication & interpersonal skill.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication.